Top-ranked Jannik Sinner withdrew from the U.S. Sinner said despite working hard with his team and medical staff, the “difficult decision” had been made to rule him out of the grand slam which starts on Sunday. Key points and original sources are listed below.
- Top-ranked Jannik Sinner withdrew from the U.S. Open on Friday because of a right knee injury.S1
- Sinner said despite working hard with his team and medical staff, the “difficult decision” had been made to rule him out of the grand slam which starts on Sunday.S2
- Sinner’s announcement came a day after world No.2 Carlos Alcaraz confirmed he would compete at Flushing Meadows following a four-month absence from competitive tennis.S3S4
- Jannik Sinner has failed to shrug off a knee injury and will not play at the season's final grand slam in New YorkS5
- Last year’s runner-up has pulled out due to injury, after Carlos Alcaraz confirmed his comebackS6
- Sinner, 25, is the reigning Wimbledon champion and won the U.S. Open in 2024 before falling in last year’s final to Alcaraz.S7