🇪🇺 Europe · English
Current: 🇪🇺 Europe · English
Global
Focused
Language
Friday 21 August
🇪🇺 Europe · English
Current: 🇪🇺 Europe · English
Global
Focused
Language

Austrian Man Convicted of Planning Attack at Taylor Swift Concert in Vienna

Austria
The brief

Prosecutors said the defendant plotted in 2024 to set off a bomb outside the concert, which was later canceled. Man jailed for 15 years over plot to attack Taylor Swift concert in Vienna21 minutes agoShareSaveAdd as preferred on GoogleBethany BellIn court in Wiener NeustadtReutersBeran A (centre) had earlier admitted the main charges surrounding the plotA 21-year-old Austrian man, who has admitted plotting a jihadist attack on a Taylor Swift concert in Vienna during the singer's Eras tour in August 2024, has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.The man, named only as Beran A in line with Austrian privacy... Key points and original sources are listed below.

  • Prosecutors said the defendant plotted in 2024 to set off a bomb outside the concert, which was later canceled. He and another man were also convicted on separate terrorist charges.S1
  • Man jailed for 15 years over plot to attack Taylor Swift concert in Vienna21 minutes agoShareSaveAdd as preferred on GoogleBethany BellIn court in Wiener NeustadtReutersBeran A (centre) had earlier admitted the main charges surrounding the plotA 21-year-old Au...S2
  • Beran A, 21, apologises as court adjourns to consider verdict after alleged plan to attack fans outside stadium in 2024A man who admitted plotting to attack a Taylor Swift concert in Vienna nearly two years ago told an Austrian court before the verdict in his...S3
  • Jury considers verdict for man accused of plotting Taylor Swift concert attack1 hour agoShareSaveAdd as preferred on GoogleBethany BellIn court in Wiener NeustadtReutersBeran A (centre) has admitted the main charges surrounding the plot but denies providing su...S4
Timeline · newest first
2mos The New York Times

Austrian Man Convicted of Planning Attack at Taylor Swift Concert in Vienna

Prosecutors said the defendant plotted in 2024 to set off a bomb outside the concert, which was later canceled. He and another man were also convicted on separate terrorist charges…

2mos BBC

Man jailed for 15 years over plot to attack Taylor Swift concert in Vienna

Man jailed for 15 years over plot to attack Taylor Swift concert in Vienna21 minutes agoShareSaveAdd as preferred on GoogleBethany BellIn court in Wiener NeustadtReutersBeran A (ce…

2mos The Guardian

Austrian man who admitted plotting attack at Taylor Swift Vienna concert says he is sorry

Beran A, 21, apologises as court adjourns to consider verdict after alleged plan to attack fans outside stadium in 2024A man who admitted plotting to attack a Taylor Swift concert…

2mos BBC

Jury considers verdict for man accused of plotting Taylor Swift concert attack

Jury considers verdict for man accused of plotting Taylor Swift concert attack1 hour agoShareSaveAdd as preferred on GoogleBethany BellIn court in Wiener NeustadtReutersBeran A (ce…

Austrian Man Convicted of Planning Attack at Taylor Swift Concert in Vienna

4 outlets 5 reports
The brief

Prosecutors said the defendant plotted in 2024 to set off a bomb outside the concert, which was later canceled. Man jailed for 15 years over plot to attack Taylor Swift concert in Vienna21 minutes agoShareSaveAdd as preferred on GoogleBethany BellIn court in Wiener NeustadtReutersBeran A (centre) had earlier admitted the main charges surrounding the plotA 21-year-old Austrian man, who has admitted plotting a jihadist attack on a Taylor Swift concert in Vienna during the singer's Eras tour in August 2024, has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.The man, named only as Beran A in line with Austrian privacy... Key points and original sources are listed below.

  • Prosecutors said the defendant plotted in 2024 to set off a bomb outside the concert, which was later canceled. He and another man were also convicted on separate terrorist charges.S1
  • Man jailed for 15 years over plot to attack Taylor Swift concert in Vienna21 minutes agoShareSaveAdd as preferred on GoogleBethany BellIn court in Wiener NeustadtReutersBeran A (centre) had earlier admitted the main charges surrounding the plotA 21-year-old Au...S2
  • Beran A, 21, apologises as court adjourns to consider verdict after alleged plan to attack fans outside stadium in 2024A man who admitted plotting to attack a Taylor Swift concert in Vienna nearly two years ago told an Austrian court before the verdict in his...S3
  • Jury considers verdict for man accused of plotting Taylor Swift concert attack1 hour agoShareSaveAdd as preferred on GoogleBethany BellIn court in Wiener NeustadtReutersBeran A (centre) has admitted the main charges surrounding the plot but denies providing su...S4
Timeline · newest first

Sources · 5 citations

S1 The New York Times 1 report · EN
S2S4 BBCLead 2 reports · EN
S3 The Guardian 1 report · EN
S5 ABC News 1 report · EN